Greetings Mighty Marching Cavalier Band Members and Parents; welcome to the 2019 CHS Marching season!
Kick off Party! – August 11 4:00-6:00 @ CHS. Bring forms and last minute payments and catch up with friends (drop by anytime between 4pm-6pm). We will also be collecting any paperwork, fees, and setting up Charms information. Anyone interested in being an officer will meet from 6:00-7:00.
August 12-16 M-F All Students 7:00am-11:00am and 4:00pm-8:00pm
8/19 Practice – ALL STUDENTS 3:30-8:30
8/20 Practice – ALL STUDENTS 3:30-8:30
8/21 Practice – ALL STUDENTS 3:30-8:30
8/22 No practice due to open house
8/23 Practice – ALL STUDENTS 3:30-8:30
Parent Preview Night! 7:00pm
- Eat a large, good breakfast!! (no milk)
- Wear comfortable rehearsal clothes, weather appropriate.
- Shoes – We prefer veterans to wear their black marching shoes. New marchers should wear tennis shoes with a flexible bottom. Absolutely NO sandals, flip flops, or high tops for marching.
- Bring (and wear) sunscreen, a water bottle with LOTS of water, healthy snacks, instrument, music, lyre, flip folder, and a positive attitude.
- You will get to go home for lunch (and a shower/nap) daily!
Definitely start spending some time outdoors to get acclimated to outside weather! Any student who still has not picked up their marching instrument needs to contact Mr. Ebert ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pickup time.
- Visit the Marching Band page on the band website. Review the Marching Band Handbook and the Tentative Marching Band Fall schedule.
- Play your instrument!
- Make sure it works! J Oil and grease slides, break in some new reeds.
- Start with breathing and long tones. Play through some scales.
- Work on the show music, working to make your part as awesome as possible. Don’t worry about the memorization. If you can – that’s great! If not, we will play it SO much that you will have it by memory in no time.
- Officer Candidates – we will meet at 6pm at the kickoff Party on August 11th
Todd Ebert, Director of Bands Todd.email@example.com
Katie Ebert, Assistant Director of Bands Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dylan Sims, Associate Director of Bands Michael.email@example.com